Wednesday 2 July 2014

Waiting On Wednesday: Princess of Thorns

   Hello, my beautiful bookworms! Welcome to my first ever Waiting On Wednesday! This was one of the first book blog memes I'd ever heard about, waaaay back when I would just lurk on book blogs instead of joining in on the fun. So, every Wednesday, I will write about an upcoming book that I absolutely cannot wait for. This week, it's Stacey Jay's Princess of Thorns!



    I absolutely loved Stacey Jay's first fairytale retelling, Of Beast and Beauty. It was one of the most imaginative retellings I've ever come across, and I've read my fair share of fairytale retellings. The thing I loved most about it was the way the story never revealed which of the two lovers was the Beauty and which one was the Beast. Anyway, I won't go into a full review here, although I might just post one soon! With Princess of Thorns, Jay retells the tale of Sleeping Beauty, which is always a toughie. There are only so many ways you can get around the whole, well, sleeping beauty part, so I'm excited to see how the author handles it. Goodreads calls the book "a cross between Game of Thrones and the Brothers Grimm," and if that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will. I hope that Stacey Jay pulls it off and doesn't go into a sophomore slump (I could name names now, but I don't want to reveal my ugly nature while we're just starting out this blog).

    Anyway, that's it for this week's Waiting On Wednesday! It's set to come out this December, which'll make it perfect for a Christmas break read!


xoxo,
Salve

No comments:

Post a Comment